As part of Aconex’s redesign, BidContender’s getting a new look. It’s not just a paint-job either, there’s a bunch of improvements that we hope will make every BidContender user’s life easier.
Simpler, cleaner redesign
You’ll find there’s less gradients and shadows on the new site, so the pages are easier to read and quicker to display on old PCs.
Improved navigation menu
Simpler and easy to understand menu items. Plus, it’s always at the top of your browser window, no matter how far down you’ve scrolled.
- Dashboard (was “Dashboard overview”) – Gives a view of tenders you’ve created. Gold subscribers see an at-a-glance view of all their tenders, with up-to-date stats showing how many quotes have been received.
- Open Tenders – shows a listing of current Open Tenders available to all BidContender users. Subcontractors can view documents and details on the tenders and express their interest if they are keen to quote.
- Your invitations (was “Respond to invitations”) – shows a listing of all the invitations to quote on tenders that your organization has received.
- Your tenders (was “Manage tenders out”) – Show a list of all the tenders created by your organization. (Only available to Gold subscribers.)
- Network directory – details for every organization registered on BidContender, including contact details.
The “Manage tender” and “Create tender” options have been removed to simplify the navigation. Tenders can be created from the dashboard and from the “Your tenders” screen.
Easy access to your user details, as well as a list of all users and a link to create a new user. You can also view your account settings from this menu.
Clearer button hierarchy
If there’s a button that’s the most important on the screen, it’s going to be orange. Otherwise, all buttons are blue.
Let us know what you think
Have an opinion? Let us know. This redesign is all about making the site work better for our users – you. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.